2012年3月5日 星期一

review of the Hobbywing Xerun 80A


Hey guys and gals,


Thought I'd post an actual review of the Hobbywing Xerun 80A since i couldn't find many reviews on this ESC when I was considering ordering one.

First impressions: Excellent packaging, thorough instructions. The unit looks pretty cool with the shiny blue-ness going on. It came pre wired in the package with two Deans type plugs wired in series, and 4mm bullet connectors for the motor connection. In the package they also included mounting screws and double sided mounting tape for the controller and the switch, stickers, and heat shrink tubing.

Mounting in E-Revo: This is the part that surprised me - the mounting holes line up PERFECTLY with the E-Revo mounting holes! maybe that's just the industry standard size, but it seems to me that maybe the Hobbywing folks were targeting us E-Revo owners from the start on this thing. I took the bait and I'm glad I did.

Set up: I just ran it with the factory settings, and set up is really simple. I'm running it with a cheapo Hobby King 1900 KV 9XL motor, geared 17/65 on 2 2s zippy 4000 25C packs, wired in series. I noticed absolutely no cogging at all at low speeds. The power band is pretty linear and smooth, with a slight jump at about 80% throttle when it jumps into warp speed - this could probably be programmed out with the programmer box, which I'll purchase later. The only minor complaint I have is that the reverse delay is really short - we're talking milliseconds - on the factory settings. So, when you hit the brakes it almost immediately goes into reverse instead of holding the brakes for a few seconds. Again, probably something that can be dialed out with the programmer box.

Overall I'm very impressed and pleased with the purchase. If you're satisfied with 4s speed and power (so far I definitely am, HUGE improvement over the double brushed setup) then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this setup. I don't have much wheel time on this setup yet, but as I get more I'll update the post. Chime in if you have questions - thanks for reading!

Mike

沒有留言:

張貼留言